Hello! I can't tell you how THRILLED I was when May from Altenew asked if I would like to play with new Camellia Build -A-Flower set! How could I refuse??
Look how Bodaciously Beautiful it is!
...and it has coordinating dies:)
For my first card, I was thinking St. Patrick's Day and Spring Greens:)
- I dove in by stamping a BG for the front panel using the first "outlines/detailed" layer in the set
- I stamped with PARROT crisp ink and masked each bloom. This makes such a pretty patterned paper I'll be making more in different colors:))
- Then I stamped my main Camellia Bloom with Bamboo for the solid image, Parrot for the mid layer and Dusk for the third detailed layer
- Used the die to perfectly trim that out:)
- Then I stamped SEVERAL leaves..my favorite! ... in two different sets of three inks:))) *Bamboo, Ocean Waves, Emerald and *Mountain Mist, Ocean Waves, Lagoon
- Cut those out with the coordinating dies
- I ran a piece of striped washi across the panel
- Arranges the Camellia and leaves using foam tape
- Stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with black EP and fussy cut around it and glued it in place
- Finished with some Sweet Pea sequin mix
For my next card I wanted to simply COLOR this beauty!!
- I stamped the first and middle layers of the Camellia with Frosty Pink and added more detail with the Alcohol markers from Set A
- Masked the bloom and stamped several leaves from the Camellia Build -A-Flower set using the first two layers as well...no solid image stamped Then I colored in more details with the markers.
- Next I added a "halo" of words with the smaller sentiment from the set, inked in Sea Glass
- Created more shadows with dots from the markers in all three shades of blue
- Stamped the sentiment with Sapphire crisp ink
I am really enjoying the markers! No need to guess about choosing the next color shade:) Looking forward to MORE sets in the future.
I encourage you to leave a comment on the Altenew blog for a chance to win one of THREE $30 gift certificates.