Find me on these platforms

Third Guest post for Concord & 9th

Hello! Today is my last post at Concord & 9th sharing two cards featuring the Perfectly Penned set, and a hint of Happy Card Frame dies.

This has been the easiest ALPHA set for me to work with..connecting the brushed letters is really as simple as overlapping the end stroke of the previous letter. The classic Type Set alpha is just that..CLASSIC:)) Line those babies up with a T-ruler and you're good to go!

Here is my first card:
 I stamped the sentiment panel on white CS and mounted it in the middle of what I've heard some call Alphabet Soup background...which was easy to make with the MISTI...in lots of different colors! Simply scatter the letters around on the MISTI cover and stamp-away!!


For my next card, I  noticed the small cut spaces in the floral from Happy Card Frame dies, I knew I wanted to try a Faux Stained Glass technique shared by Miriam Prantner. It turned out so well! 
Mass producing these pretty embellishments would be a fun afternoon project. Having them on hand would make  quick and easy cards for any occasion. Change up the sentiment and your done:))
 For the red/orange matting I colored the edges of my CS to match the colors in the bloom, then used the two frames from Happy Card Frame dies for the main panel.

To make the Faux Stained Glass:

  • Stamp and watercolor the FLOWER BLOOM only, from the HAPPY WORDS stamp set. 
  • Trim around the outside of the bloom.
  • Cut three of the floral images from Happy Card Frame dies from CS 
  • Stack/glue them together on top of the watercolored bloom
  • Add Glossy Accents to each of the cut-out areas and on the top of the die itself. 
  • Let that dry over night 
  • Stamping a Journal-esc quote using Perfectly Penned completed the card:)) 

 

Well, Hope you enjoyed my post. Thank you Angie and Greg at Concord & 9th for having me as guest this month! It was a pleasure working with the 2016 October release:))

Have a Great day!

LauraJane:)


3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful cards LauraJane!!

Lisaerica said...

GORGEOUS LauraJane! Love the sayings, and you nailed the stain glass look. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, they are gorgeous! I particularly loved the second card - thank you for re-mentioning the steps - I am definitely gonna try it!! <3