Find me on these platforms

The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge INSTAGRAM HOP

 
Hello! I'm so excited to be a part of the mega Bloghop with other coloring enthusiasts:)) So much can be learned with this challenge, I encourage you to participate yourself..or just enjoy all the beautiful coloring being shared:)
Welcome to Day 3 of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Today I am part of a THREE DAY blog hop to jumpstart your creativity. If your new to the coloring challenge or have any questions about the coloring challenge you can refer to this post and see Kathy’s getting started video here. Today’s blog hop features bloggers and Instagramers. (Kathy didn’t want to leave anyone out)
If you are coming from Pattie Leon @pattikleon on IG, you are in the right place.
For my card today I started out with A Bloom and Three Buds Stencil from STAMPlorations...the other is Peony #1, Stenciled on Neenah Solar White CS. I'll color one for today and save the other for later. I like to stencil in Yellow dye ink when coloring in the images...it helps me keep a nice bright highlight wherever I decide to put it.Coloring with the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, ie.ZIGGYs...Bright Yellow, Mid Green and Pale Green
I simply feather in some color leaving the stenciled yellow showing where the main highlights are going to be.Then I continue adding darker layers of color.A Really COOL accident happened when adding shadows with the BLUSH ziggy..I was smooshing the brush on the edges of a petal and realized it created a 'FOLD' or lip giving the petal more dimension. I really liked the effect.
Ran the panel through the Bigshot with Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies added the sentiment from Fond Expressions 2. and a few sequins from PPP.

I used an INKTENSE watercolor pencil and just a hint of water for the watery background. Otherwise the ziggys are used without water.

There is a GIVEAWAY ! 12 GOODIE BAGS !
That’s TWELVE CHANCES TO WIN during the three day hop. The more you comment on each hoppers blog or instagram the more chances you have of winning. Winners will be chosen randomly FROM THE BLOGS and INSTAGRAM hop comments. The full list of winners will be announced Wed. Nov 16th 9 am. at www.thedailymarker.com (contest closes 11.13 at 11pm. EST)

Now it’s time to hop to my friend JoAnn @jadanchik on Instagram.
Hop List:
Kathy Racoosin @kathyrac
Patti Leon @pattikleon
LauraJane @mammacooksalot
JoAnn @jadanchik
Nate @the_crafty_hubby
Hellen Thorsen @lilgmat
Jody Thorsen @jodythorsen
Roxy Timmons @velvetsister60
Michelle @michii00
Meghan @meghanshea3377
Sandra Rodgers Frutchey @mommyeyedr
Fatima Hope @craftnwayz
Pocono Pam @pocono.pam
Alba Sevadilla @albasevadilla
Amanda farhang @coloringinprogress
Debra James @jamesee22
Connie Myers @beltwaybutterfly
Frankie Bell @phrankieb
Barbara @2bdesigned

Thank you for your visit today and I hope to see you during the coloring challenge. Be sure to use the hashtag #thedailymarker30day so we can find your work!
There is a The Daily Marker 30 day Coloring Challenge FACEBOOK PAGE
Colorful Hugs!
LauraJane:)



3 comments:

StampinLouie said...

YOUR CARD IS SO BEAUTIFUL. THANKS FO SHARING. I LOVE TO WORK WITH STENCILS.

Lisa Elton said...

Your coloring is always inspiring LauraJane, this is lovely!!

Bunny Dobbie said...

What a fabulous technique! I would never have thought of using one of my stencils for the basis of a painting! Your art is brilliant!